Acknowledgements section for EE (who to put?)

meowchelle

Hello there,

This might be a trivial issue since the acknowledgement section isn't that important in an EE, but I want to get details right and not be penalised for something small. Hence I would like to ask if I can put anyone who has been a big help to me in that section?

For example, I would really like to thank my supervisor, my parents and a very helpful friend/classmate. My supervisor is the one guiding me mainly and reading my first draft, my parents gave all their unwavering support throughout all the sleepless nights finishing it, and my best friend who gave "unofficial" advice and thoughts on it, sparked my ideas and introduced me to philosophical knowledge which indirectly helped a lot in my EE (since my EE is in Literature and some theories do help me think in the correct direction)

So would it be proper to include my parents and my best friend/classmate into that section, or should I only include those who officially and professionally advise me, such as teachers and so on?

Also I don't have to acknowledge the literature critics from whom I referenced right? I just have to cite them in the citations section?

Thanks a million! :)

I should also point out that it's not necessary to have an acknowledgements section. How you do it and who you put in it is entirely up to you because acknowledgements are just your own mini-monologue. Unless somebody genuinely did some research for you or gave you a key part to an experiment, and then you must acknowledge them.

• Like 1