Chemistry EE: Lithium Batteries, encroaching on physics?

NorthernOdds

Alright, so for my chemistry EE I'm hoping to do something relating to lithium/alkaline batteries. So far the research question is structured along the lines of; "To what extent does Temperature affect the shelf life of lithium/alkaline batteries?"

We have enough room that I can run both experiments simultaneously, in case one of them goes wrong, but I'd prefer to focus on the lithium batteries. The issue however, is that I'm not sure this could pass as chemistry, since I have yet to do the electrochem unit, which is one of the first we do next year.

Would this topic be acceptable to as a chemistry topic or does it encroach on physics territory/it's too basic?

• 7 years later...
On 6/17/2013 at 3:28 PM, NorthernOdds said:

Alright, so for my chemistry EE I'm hoping to do something relating to lithium/alkaline batteries. So far the research question is structured along the lines of; "To what extent does Temperature affect the shelf life of lithium/alkaline batteries?"

We have enough room that I can run both experiments simultaneously, in case one of them goes wrong, but I'd prefer to focus on the lithium batteries. The issue however, is that I'm not sure this could pass as chemistry, since I have yet to do the electrochem unit, which is one of the first we do next year.

Would this topic be acceptable to as a chemistry topic or does it encroach on physics territory/it's too basic?

Hi, how did you do in your EE?