Psychology Answers and questions for IB may exam 2013 :D

Guest Zoya (aka: ziasha)

Hahha i am in SL :D hence only 1 option :P

But i studied 2 just for fun .. i did Abnormal and Health ... Have finally settled with Health :P

Hello to everybody and good luck for tomorrow!

We should remember that the exam setters are different people for May and November, and they hand in the exams at the same time, so we cannot make a prediction using the Nov12 paper, but rather all the rest :)

I think CLOA will have a principle as there has never been this question before and usually there is one per paper! For BLOA maybe a research method or a neurotransmitter! SLOA I have no freakin' idea, but I hope an easy one :D

Also, for Health there has never been a May question on psychological and physiological aspects of stress, only stressors and coping mechanisms so maybe it's time for that to appear?

Hey can we use the same theory/study in both our SAQ and LAQ ?

Beauty yes we can :D

Hello to everybody and good luck for tomorrow!

We should remember that the exam setters are different people for May and November, and they hand in the exams at the same time, so we cannot make a prediction using the Nov12 paper, but rather all the rest :)

I think CLOA will have a principle as there has never been this question before and usually there is one per paper! For BLOA maybe a research method or a neurotransmitter! SLOA I have no freakin' idea, but I hope an easy one :D

Also, for Health there has never been a May question on psychological and physiological aspects of stress, only stressors and coping mechanisms so maybe it's time for that to appear?

Ha i wish it was that easy :D

i want conformity to come :P Also i think they might repeat questions :D

In the end the best way out is to revise everything lol. 'Predictions' are simply probabilities that can help you prioritise your revision in the case of limited time. So yes, Good luck to everyone! Hope we all get something we like all the way~! :lol:

I'm doing abnormal and developmental psychology as options and I don't feel prepared at all :lol: And there is still paper 3 to revise for me so if anyone would like to discuss these options or at least motivate me to revise tommorow evening that'd be nice ;d

BTW does anyone have a simple study for the use of technology in CLOA but not about MRI?

Edited by maereth

@maereth would this do?

Mosconi (2005)

Aim: To find the earliest signs of Alzheimer's disease in the brain
Method:
- Longitudinal study
- Followed a sample of 53 normal and healthy participants for over 9 to 24 years
- scanned then using a PET scanner (measures metabolic rate)
Findings: found that individuals who showed early signs of reduced metabolism in the hippocampus were associated with later development of Alzheimer's disease.
Conclusion: shows that BITs can help neuroscientists develop methods to detect signs of Alzheimer's disease, and provides accurate results (to a certain extent)
Evaluation: PET scans injects radioactive glucose - causes physical harm, but results overcome this
(Use of modern technology to investigate the relationship between cognitive factors and behaviour, pg. 86, John Crane, Jette Hannibal textbook)

Examine the role of two cultural dimensions on behaviour (for example, individualism/collectivism,

power distance, uncertainty avoidance, Confucian dynamism, masculinity/femininity).

Using one or more examples, explain “emic” and “etic” concepts.

Anyone know how to do these?

Hey guys :) Im in SL Psych and we studied 2 options even though i only need one. I studied Abnormal and Sport psych... Anyone got any ideas what might some questions they would ask for these two? Anyone doing something similar? Cant wait to discuss answers with you all ofc in the next 24 hours :P

Thanks

(yes im a newbie :D)

Hey guys :) Im in SL Psych and we studied 2 options even though i only need one. I studied Abnormal and Sport psych... Anyone got any ideas what might some questions they would ask for these two? Anyone doing something similar? Cant wait to discuss answers with you all ofc in the next 24 hours :P

Thanks

(yes im a newbie :D)

I'm doing abnormal and developmental psychology. No idea what they may ask for, but I hope something easy, because I'm absolutely not prepared and a bit too tired to revise properly now XD Plus there is also paper 3 tommorow...