Extended Essay on operation blue star

dilpreetgrewal

Read a sample IA if structure is what you're worried about.

"Literature pieces" - by this I assume you mean sources? That depends on what you find/dig up. It could be general textbooks, it could be a diary of someone who lived through the genocidal period, it could be anything really (primary or secondary). Ideally, you should have one primary source at least.

Hypothesis (noun): A proposition, or set of propositions, set forth as an explanation for the occurrence of some specified group of phenomena, either asserted merely as a provisional conjecture to guide an investigation (i.e. a working hypothesis) or accepted as highly probable in the light of established facts...

...or to put it in layman's terms: "What do you think is the answer to the research question headlining the investigation of your EE?"

Methodology (noun): A system, strategy or plan used in a particular area of study or activity...

...or: "How do you propose one should go about answering the question you've posed in your EE?" (i.e. ensuring that your suggested system (proposed methodology) is clear and coherent.)

Edited by Arrowhead

• 7 years later...
On 4/28/2013 at 5:04 AM, dilpreetgrewal said:

Hi I am writing an extended essay on the Sikh genocide of 1984.

And I am wondering what should I include such as what kind of literature pieces, and what do I have to do for the Hypotheses or arguments part and the Proposed Methodology part.

Hi, I too am doing my epq on the 1984 attack and I would love to be able to email you about it?