Stereotype that you help negate

Nikita K

• 2 weeks later...

I'm Indian, so most people think I love super spicy food, love Bollywood, and want to become an engineer/doctor.

I HATE spicy food, I'm a total wuss when it comes to spice. I think Bollywood is overrated, and I'm more into indie electronica, Korean pop and indie, and Indian classical music. And I find engineering super boring (no offense to anyone that likes it!) and I'm too scared of shots and whatnot to be a practicing doctor, so I plan on getting a Ph.D in Abnormal Psychology and working at a research institution (I know, way too much planning for a kid in Grade 11!).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I'm not bad at Math nor do I hate Math, even though I'm taking Studies. I took Math Studies because I don't need Mathematics for my future career and would rather end with a highest possible score.

Furthermore, I'm not interested in fashion. I dislike shopping, even though I'm a girl.

• 2 weeks later...

I am Polish and I:

-do not drink vodka as if it was water,

-am not catholic,

-do not use the word "kurwa" as a coma.

I think i covered all the "poles" stereotypes ^^

God bless! I break all of these stereotypes as well as, contrary to common beliefs abroad that when you're Polish your English basically sucks, I take English A Literature and I'm one of the best in my class so...  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Edited by artisticsoul8

I am Polish and I:

-do not drink vodka as if it was water,

-am not catholic,

-do not use the word "kurwa" as a coma.

I think i covered all the "poles" stereotypes ^^

God bless! I break all of these stereotypes as well as, contrary to common beliefs abroad that when you're Polish your English basically sucks, I take English A Literature and I'm one of the best in my class so...  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Or that you're not that smart. I'd like to think I'm pretty smart most of the time! :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

My ethnicity is Indian and I cannot stand spicy food, don't actually prefer the most "typical" Indian dishes, and turn REALLY red all the time (which is generally unusual)

I'm a girl but have pretty short hair thus apparently making me male by appearance -.-

I'm Canadian but I do not say "eh" at the end of each sentence, live in igloos, ride to school on sleighs, drink maple syrup all the time and I don't watch hockey

• Like 1