Which Biology Options do you take?

Afterglow

Well, there is a chemistry one. We ought to have a Biology one as well :lol:

So what options do you take, whether SL or HL. I have HL but the first option we had was sort of compulsary in the school for all Biology students and that was Evolution. It's an interesting topic but I have a bit trouble studying it for some reason.

The second topic we haven't decided yet on though.

Well, there is a chemistry one. We ought to have a Biology one as well :lol:

So what options do you take, whether SL or HL. I have HL but the first option we had was sort of compulsary in the school for all Biology students and that was Evolution. It's an interesting topic but I have a bit trouble studying it for some reason.

The second topic we haven't decided yet on though.

Ah well, ours are Ecology and Conservation (SL+HL), Further Human Physiology (HL) and Option C (SL).

• 2 weeks later...
My class is doing Neurobiology and Behaviour, and Further Human Physiology, FHP is soo awesome.

I would reeeeally like to do FHP, but our teacher says we can't, since it's an HL-only option.. We have to study our options with the SLs... that sucks, 'cause we ended up studying evolution and neurobiology and behaviour...

i'm doind the same options as you do! :D i donät like them that much, though... i would like to do Further Human Physiology..

• 1 month later...
Guest wiped_out

neurobiology and behavior, and ecology and conservation <--- (easy topic, got a 7 on the subject test without studying), i also wanted to do FHP but unfortunately we're doing options earlier in the year and we haven't done the basic chapter.....

I am SL and we did diet and human nutrition and neurobiology and behaviour...and I would like to do FHP too :)

I'm taking HL. So far we've done pretty much everything about the cell. (structure, functions,etc.)

we did everything and now we r just practicing...there should be 2 options right?

wow your schools are pretty .. wow, just wow, the only biology option we have down here, is .. well HL Biology, and that's what i take, other than that i we don't really get to specialize in one specific area of the science.

No no no. :) The Options everyone's talking about is the Option topics within the Biology SL /HL syllabi.

For science subjects, there are 2 parts to the syllabus. Core - where you learn everything and Options - where you have a variety of topics and you choose 2 topics out of 6 or something to learn. The Options are the basis of Paper 3 exams. (See Syllabi for list of options)

IF you have no idea what options are, then you obviously haven't reached the stage in your syllabus to discuss it yet. But you will eventually get to your Options and depending on your teacher you may even get to choose them. Or your teacher choses.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fierybabe14

Our school does Diet & Nutrition and Neurobiology & Behaviour at Standard Level, I would have liked to have done Physiology of Exercise though because I'm a sporty person

I am SL and we did diet and human nutrition and neurobiology and behaviour...and I would like to do FHP too :rofl:

we did everything and now we r just practicing...there should be 2 options right?

If you wanted to do more stuff about human physiology why didn't you HL Bio because in the extra HL material we learn there is the topics Nucleic acids and Proteins, Cell Respiration, Human Reproduction, Muscles, Nerves and Movement, Excretion and Defence against Infectious Disease, all of which are extentions of the the Human Physiology Topic in SL; 35 hours (according to the syllabus) worth of Further human physiology which isn't the option. Then the reason the option is HL only is because there is so much human physiology which HL does that SL doesn't.

• 1 month later...