4 Exams on the Same Day

Charming Cipher

From what it's looking like at the moment, I'll be doing 4 papers on May 10th, 2012.

The papers are Physics (P1+P2) , Language A1 (Arabic P1 in my case) and Environmental Studies (P1).

I'm sure that the cruelty of this world IB has left many others in the same situation as mine throughout the years and I'm wondering as to how such scenarios have played out in the end and if there's a way to deal with such monumental stress without a total nervous breakdown.

Have any of you survivors been through this situation?

What did the school's management do to help you (if anything)?

What was it like?

I'm not sure if this helps but obviously study(ing), breakfast, and plenty of sleep. Our class likes to wear yellow since it apparently is the color for remembering something. And eating bananas. How well does it work? Not sure since I don't do it(I have no yellow to wear). As for the breakdowns, BREATHE, don't think, meditate(that's what a few classmates did), walk around, ect. Just don't over think it or just don't think at all. Keep your thoughts optimistic since self-prophecy is always an option(basically if you think you're going to fail, then you probably will since you won't put effort in changing that). I know what you're going through since I'll most likely be in that same position. But good luck comrade! Hope we don't die!

Three of my friends had the same issue, and the worst thing was that those 4 exams included 2 Physics HL papers. They told me that they studied a lot more for the last 2 exams, because I can imagine that after finishing 2 IB papers you can't count on your memory or "natural" skill that much. Also, they didn't cram (too much) because you don't want to enter the room, for the third or fourth time, exhausted and/or nervous. In the end they obviously got mentally and physically tired, which wasn't a good thing because they still had exams the next day. But their final results were fine, and basing on them I could say that they probably score an average of 5 in their papers.

In my opinion is all about attitude, besides you still have some time to prepare for that day.

Good Luck :)

• 2 weeks later...

I had a day like this in my exams. Have a lot of energy drinks at lunch time and just push yourself as hard as you can. There's not much else you can do. And if you have an exam the following morning as well (as I did!) then be worried. I genuinely fell asleep by accident in Chem P3 the day after my 4 exam marathon (which was Spanish P1, Spanish P2, Chem P1, Chem P2!). Fortunately it was whilst I was meant to be going over my answers as opposed to actually completing the paper, but my mind was such a mess trying to cram HL Chem that night, I was so shattered. I had a dream in which I was revising Chem HL incorrectly and then in the exam couldn't remember what was my dream and what was genuine organic chemistry. It seriously messes you up!

At least Arabic P1 won't require any revision, to look on the bright side...

• 4 weeks later...

I have 4 exams on the 17th of May: Spanish B paper 1, Spanish B paper 2, HL Bio paper 1 and then paper 2. So all in all about 6 hours of exams which does'nt sound like fun :(

talk to your coordinator! I think they rescheduled 2 of our kids cause they had 6 hours of exams in one day! It's an IB rule

A couple of my friends are doing both spanish and both bio papers in one day. I've got a killer day on the 14th and even though I have one exam less than they do, when added together I have longer examinations that day. Plus it's History HL Paper 3 (2.5hrs) and then both of my Russian B HLs (1.5hrs each) ... Quite rough. :/

• Like 1

I have 4 exams on the 17th of May: Spanish B paper 1, Spanish B paper 2, HL Bio paper 1 and then paper 2. So all in all about 6 hours of exams which does'nt sound like fun :(

talk to your coordinator! I think they rescheduled 2 of our kids cause they had 6 hours of exams in one day! It's an IB rule

I have the same thing, as do two other kids in my class, and they refuse to re-schedule. :(

• 9 years later...
On 5/1/2012 at 10:53 AM, Vincent Casey F said:

hey, do you have any on where i can find this rule, i need to quote it to my coordinator. my school schedules my chem HL and bio HL paper 1 & 2 on the same day, and they're adamant on not re-scheduling it and they justified by saying that it's a replica of the actual ib exam schedule. thank you.