How to write a good reflective statement?

Hello guys, I feel kind of screwd cuz I'm writing my reflective statement in Swedish right now and have not the brightest idea about how to formulate or write it.

We've already written two before but we cannot get any response from our teacher because 'IB says so' so I was wondering if you have any tips that I might use while writing a reflective statement :)

Edited by Summer Glau
please don't use text speak. thanks!

Just write about how the context improved or changed your understanding of the book.

Start off with talking about what you discussed during the interactive oral then focus on 2 or 3 of them during the rest of the piece. Make sure you aren't just listing the context of the book but rather what new things that were understood during the book. Just don't over think it.

Also, don't bother with a conclusion. You only have 400 words.

I used a lot of the things we discussed in the interative oral as a base for my reflective statement, I just started off talking about new insights I got and desribed how it's shown in the book we read. Then I sort of just took it from there. I also think it's important not overthink it too much, because it will only make it more difficult.

• 4 weeks later...

Are you referring to the reflective statement for the FOA in language and literature??

In my reflective statement I talked about the learning outcome which I met and talked about how I met the learning outcome.

I also gave some example from the text which I used in my FOA which showed how I met the learning outcome and also included a bit of explanations about what I covered in the FOA itself.

My teacher always stresses that our reflective statement must address how our contextual and cultural understanding of the book has deepened after the IO's.

For example, we read a Doll's House which is largely centered around a woman's role in the household. In my reflective statement I talked about how my cultural understanding of the Victorian Era deepened because most women were stay at home moms and this developed my contextual understanding by fully realizing why Nora allows her husband to control her life.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Pretty damn late on this one but for everyone else stressing on the reflective statement, you have to answer this question:

How was your understanding of cultural and contextual considerations of the work developed through the interactive oral?
The questions I used to help me answer this was:
In what ways do time and place matter to this work?
What was easy to understand and what was difficult in relation to social and cultural context and issues?
What connections did you find between issues in the work and your own culture(s) and experience?
What aspects of technique are interesting in the work?
DO NOT ANSWER THOSE QUESTIONS DIRECTLY IN YOUR STATEMENT. JUST PRETEND LIKE YOU'VE NEVER HEARD THOSE QUESTIONS AND YOU'LL BE GOOD. Sorry for all caps, I just want to put emphasis on it.
  • Like 1

• 7 years later...

I have seen many people who have a get a lot of opportunities based on their degrees and experience but the quality they lack is good communication skills moreover, they can visit essaysontime.com to get further tips and data to experience. Thanks for highlighting the issue and guiding all how to write a good reflective statement.