Do any other IB kids smoke weed?

Yeah, I do. It helps to decrease my stress, and it's great because I can actually sleep wonderfully when I do.

Smoking weed and reading the novels on my English syllabus has also proved interesting, especially for those who perhaps don't enjoy the novels in the first place - although I personally do.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I don't smoke weed, but I plan to in a few years. I want to be in the comfort of my own home for activities like that.

Also, to those who are saying weed is very bad -- lol... sources, please? Nice, long, peer-reviewed studies of any kind?

• Like 2

I'd say about half of the diploma kids at my school do, myself not included. I do hang around a lot of people that do and I'll pass the joint but I don't use the stuff. I really don't see the point. Not condemning anyone for it though. My IB English teacher used to trip acid lol and he's one of the most brilliant people I know.

Haha I'm the exact same. Many of my friends (locally, not IB) smoke weed. I go into hotboxed vehicles with them, pack bowls, bring some tasty cubans to make spliffs or blunts. But I've never touched marijuana in my life.

They're really fun and I just enjoy taking care of them while they're high. I made them watch the Matrix once ahah

The downside is many people I don't know so well think I'm a druggie. Oh well

I don't smoke weed, but I plan to in a few years. I want to be in the comfort of my own home for activities like that.

Also, to those who are saying weed is very bad -- lol... sources, please? Nice, long, peer-reviewed studies of any kind?

Holy crap that's identical to me. I have no problem with weed and will eventually try it, but not under my parents' roof. So long as they pay for my living I'll do them a favour and stay clean.

Edited by Stanislaw
  • Like 1

Everyone in my class does or has at least tried it once and no, we are not stupid :P Our whole class has been getting 30+ WITH the smoking of weed. I know some of them smoke up on a daily/weekly basis. It really depends on the person you are, I guess? I mean, there are those that can actually function despite being high and those that can't. Weed didn't really influence my grades but that is because I knew when I could and when it wasn't a good idea. I would never sit for a Chem HL test/exam while baked, I mean I suck at it already and that would just worsen my performance lol

I've tried it once at a party with a couple of friends. Sure it does make you feel relaxed and all but still I'm not comfortable with the fact that it is illegal (in my country, that is). It kinda takes away the good feeling smoking gives you when you have the thought of the police knocking on your door in the back of your mind. And then again I had drunk alcohol several times before I turned 18 (which is the legal age for mild drinks here in Finland) and that never worried me.

I guess it depends on the society you live in, as in Finland smoking weed is way less popular than for example in the United States, while Finns are known for the overconsumption of alcohol and in the US alcohol isn't that big of a problem, to my understanding.

• Like 1

Personally I don't but half my class does. It has no effect on their grades. The absolutly worst student smokes everyday (we share apartment so I know) and some of the best students (above 35, yeah my school is not that great). All in all, it helps you to take the edge off I guess, but I prefare sticking to legal stuff

There are successful CEO's in the world who smoke weed and do other drugs on regular basis

There are other famous people out there and you wouldn't wager that they do things like heroin

When I was a kid in lower grades in our school, I remember how the IB classes were infamous for snorting coke on regular basis

It's all matter how far the person go, until he gets truly addicted and hits the wall. I personally don't do any drugs, since I was raised in a way to hate them and therefore I have strong aversion to them. I'm addicted to other stuff though :D Now that I have finished IB, I get carried away quite often and spend way too many hours playing games which I didn't have time for before

Well i am the only one in my cohort (of ten) who has smoked weed/dropped tabs more than once (hehe way more...) and i am probably doing the worst, but its not due to a lack of cognitive function its more that i am the biggest procrastinator known to man! When i do my school work and study etc i get really good results so i don't think its the weed. However that being said i'm not a regular smoker, not because i'm morally opposed or anything but more because i would rather spend my money on other things and most other stoners annoy the crap out of me. I have smoked a couple times with one other IB-er in my cohort but everyone else is really really clean cut apart from a whole bunch of drinking/clubbing/partying....but i digress :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be an IB1 student next year, and a surprising number of sophomores who plan on being Diploma Candidates smoke weed (myself not included). Maybe it's just a freak coincidence but I find it kind of weird that lots of the IBers at my school who smoke are in HL Math---and actually passing.

Guilty. I don't smoke weed often, just something to get by on in high pressure situations. I've never gone for my exams baked, except this one time last year at Uni, but that actually turned out to be one of my better exams, so it wasn't a terrible idea.

My old school was pretty international (much like Uni now), most people smoked weed depending where they were from, so most East Asians laid off of it, though there were these three Japenese guys who dealt. Most Americans and some Europeans were hardcore consumers, the meagre Indian population at my school choked that stuff down like oxygen most days. It's pretty awesome to get through boring days and break the routine so to speak. Turning up for Biology high though, not a good idea, especially when you're doing experiments.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm pretty in to that kind of stuff, I've read books about marijuana etc. And remember people there is NO evidence that weed impairs your memory because the experiments on monkeys done long time ago were done WRONG! Their braincells died from lack of oxygen not THC!

I personally belive that cannabis helped my memory and understand how important it is to study in school. Belive it or not, psychoactive drugs are good for people that know what it is, if you are planning on trying something, READ about it! On wikipedia, eurowid etc. And then as a real IB student, ANALIZE the information.

And also the booze-weed debate, those are two completely different things. From two different groups - depressants and cannabinoids. But if you want ot compare alcohol (depressant) to toher drugs it's actually closer to opiods (heroin, morphine etc.) than weed. And ye, how many people died from alcohol overdose? Thousands of people a year, now, how many people died from cannabis overdose? ZERO, yes, 0000000.

The problem with people nowadays is that they study for school etc. but they dont have time or probably just dont think about training their minds as well. You just have to use the drug in a right way, thats it.

Psychedelics make you think different, from other perspectives and makes your perception wider (literally speaking hehe).

I also belive that the concept of a virtual world (internet) was made from people's experiences with psychedelics, mostly LSD. Probably thanks to psychedelics, we are talking on this forum right now ;)

Edited by 3dayweekend

• 1 month later...

In my school half of the IB students smoke weed and almost 2/3 of the boy population in the entire school smoke. Me included :clap: ..so im with you man!! Many would believe that my subject combination would prevent me from smoking but my grades are great. I'm even applying to imperial college London and cornell to further stress my point. there really is no harm in it. it doesnt make you do any uncontrollable actions it just makes you: HAPPY,SLEEPY,HUNGRY.

In my school half of the IB students smoke weed and almost 2/3 of the boy population in the entire school smoke. Me included :clap: ..so im with you man!! Many would believe that my subject combination would prevent me from smoking but my grades are great. I'm even applying to imperial college London and cornell to further stress my point. there really is no harm in it. it doesnt make you do any uncontrollable actions it just makes you: HAPPY,SLEEPY,HUNGRY.

• 1 month later...