Getting a Tattoo, Opinions!

Guest Jar Jar D'oh!

Guest Jar Jar D'oh!

Hey guys! (Tried the SB, ran out of patience lolz :D)

So I'm trying to figure out the possible ill-effects of getting a tat done, does anyone have any know how? OR do you have one and can you tell me about you experience or pass on some advice?

Thanks! All posts are appreciated :) (but spam obv.. xP)

well the only ill-effects of tats that i know of is if you have a skin condition where broken skin regrows into keloids then the whole tat can become septic.. oh and if you're overweight and you get a tat then lose weight the tat becomes all saggy and funny looking. My experiece..its bloody painful~!! but the after effects are beautiful as long as you don't regret getting the tat then you'll love it.

P.S. getting tats are addictive, just saying :) hope this kinda helped "/

Something meaningful and something tribal prolly. But both small.

Definitely draw it out and plan it and all that beforehand, and make sure it's something that you won't regret or anything because I've heard that tattoo removal sucks.

Also, I want to see the design! I love tattoos haha and am thinking of getting three or four myself. When I turn 18...

I don't like tattoos (unless you're vanessa lake, but you aren't :P) but that's irrelevant :yes:

I wouldn't recommend something that looks like it could be temporary (like the name of a girlfriend or something... or a dog. I wouldn't even recommend mum or dad because they might appreciate the thought but not the tattoo ... if that makes sense)

Design it before hand also.

if It's a saying that's apparently meaningful to you make sure you know what it means if It's in a different language. It'd be funny of you got something that translated into something completely different than its intention.

Where will you have it?

If you can't get a design just use my profile picture and get it on your shoulder ... you'll be drowning in them ladies :D True story :yep:

Guest Jar Jar D'oh!

I don't like tattoos (unless you're vanessa lake, but you aren't :P) but that's irrelevant :yes:

I wouldn't recommend something that looks like it could be temporary (like the name of a girlfriend or something... or a dog. I wouldn't even recommend mum or dad because they might appreciate the thought but not the tattoo ... if that makes sense)

Design it before hand also.

if It's a saying that's apparently meaningful to you make sure you know what it means if It's in a different language. It'd be funny of you got something that translated into something completely different than its intention.

Where will you have it?

If you can't get a design just use my profile picture and get it on your shoulder ... you'll be drowning in them ladies :D True story :yep:

You're kidding if your talking about the mister bean thing :D

Something meaningful and something tribal prolly. But both small.

Definitely draw it out and plan it and all that beforehand, and make sure it's something that you won't regret or anything because I've heard that tattoo removal sucks.

Also, I want to see the design! I love tattoos haha and am thinking of getting three or four myself. When I turn 18...

Well I really haven't planned the design, I'll leave that to the tattoo artist most probably... :S

well the only ill-effects of tats that i know of is if you have a skin condition where broken skin regrows into keloids then the whole tat can become septic.. oh and if you're overweight and you get a tat then lose weight the tat becomes all saggy and funny looking. My experiece..its bloody painful~!! but the after effects are beautiful as long as you don't regret getting the tat then you'll love it.

P.S. getting tats are addictive, just saying :) hope this kinda helped "/

Addictive eh? How many have you got?!

haha i've got 2 but of course my parents don't know because they disapprove of such things but they're small ones. i agree with everyones else either sketch it out or find something on google that looks somewhat like the one you want and you can just ask the tattoo artist to change it according to your tastes...thats what i did=) and they come up wiht much better ideas lol but my advice..dont get it in a place where theres a lot of bone e.g. your ribs.. it hurts more..learnt that the hard way. lol. when you planning on getting it done?

Guest Jar Jar D'oh!

Lol, my abdominal region is really well cut so I'm thinking canning my plans of getting it on the hip after the whole bone insight... :/

I think wings on my calves would be my next alternative or else...erm..tribal on bicep if all fails :'D I think that always looks good.

ahh well you're a guy im sure you can withstand enough pain to get it done on your hip lol take pain killers and ask the tattoo artist to use a numbing cream if you're so scared of pain :P but yes i agree tribal on the biceps always look good :) just make a good decision because its permanent (unless you want laser removal which is more painful than getting the actual tat so i've heard)

Guest Jar Jar D'oh!

I gave one to myself (safely. With a sewing needle. Gosh.) And it didn't hurt and I love it! Make sure its something you really really want on your skin forever first though.

Haha, right!! I don't buy that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I gave one to myself (safely. With a sewing needle. Gosh.) And it didn't hurt and I love it! Make sure its something you really really want on your skin forever first though.

Respect, I tried that the other week, tried to numb the skin with ice - ended up getting some mild frostbite as I had it n for too long >.<

Haha, right!! I don't buy that.

Getting over yourself to push the needle deep enough is the hardest part.

Also general advice: prepare your skin by applying moisturising cream every day, that way the skin will take up the colour much better.

haha i've got 2 but of course my parents don't know because they disapprove of such things but they're small ones. i agree with everyones else either sketch it out or find something on google that looks somewhat like the one you want and you can just ask the tattoo artist to change it according to your tastes...thats what i did=) and they come up wiht much better ideas lol but my advice..dont get it in a place where theres a lot of bone e.g. your ribs.. it hurts more..learnt that the hard way. lol. when you planning on getting it done?

pics or didn't happen D: