Chances of getting into UBC Science

rFumachi

I think that you do have a chance. I just checked their website and they only want an IB diploma from you (Successful completion of the Diploma with a minimum score of 24 points including at least three Higher Level courses as well as additional points for Extended Essay and Theory of Knowledge).

Also, considering that you have completed the program and you are not applying with predicted grades, I'd say that you do have a viable chance of getting in. The only thing worrying me is the 4 in Physics HL because you are applying for sciences. Go for it though. Good luck :)

*Note: I am not a pro in admissions for Canadian universities. This is just my humble opinion so don't take it for granted ^^

• 2 weeks later...

These are my grades:

Math HL - 4

Physics HL - 4

French B HL - 5

ITGS SL - 5

English A2 SL - 6

Spanish A1 SL - 4

TOK/EE Physics - B/B

What do you think?

UBC wants IB students. Those aren't the greatest marks, but you will get in. Just keep in mind there are at least 300 other IB students around UBC trying to get accepted and several thousand applying in the district alone. However I have heard of people who failed their diploma or barely achieved a 24, get accepted regardless.

• 1 year later...

Hey could you please tell me if those are your predicted scores or the actual ones? I am planning to apply to UBC and these are my predicted scores:-

Maths HL : 6

Physics HL : 7

Chemistry HL : 6/7

French ab intio : 6

English A SL : 5

Economics SL : 6

TOK + EE : 2

total predicted score : 38 /39

Do you think I will get in? Please reply. I am very worried.

• 8 years later...
On 1/30/2012 at 4:43 AM, rFumachi said:

These are my grades:

Math HL - 4

Physics HL - 4

French B HL - 5

ITGS SL - 5

English A2 SL - 6

Spanish A1 SL - 4

TOK/EE Physics - B/B

What do you think?

Update: I just got accepted to UBC and thought I'd put it here :D

congratulations!! can you share something about your personal profile.. something that might've strengthened you application and helped u get into Ubc as im applying too