Answering questions on paper 3?

xxshame

I recently did my trial exams for chemistry paper 3 and found that a lot of the questions ask stuff like:

- state TWO reasons for (...)

- state ONE advantage and one disadvantage of (...)

so I was wondering if you state more reasons than what they ask for, but one of your reasons are wrong, would you still get the full marks?

for eg. if the question was worth 2 marks and I gave 3 reasons, 2 were right and one was wrong, would I still get 2 marks for having 2 correct answers or would I be penalized for having one wrong answer?

Edited by xxshame

I asked my biology and chemistry teacher the same kind of question and got two different responses. One said pretty much the same as above and if there is two marks worth in the answer, you will get two marks. The other said that its the first two points in the answer that are marked and the third one is ignored. I think the first option is the more likely but its something that could come down to the marker on the day, so generally i just put my two strongest points first and then one im less confident on last to make sure i answering the best way no matter how they mark it.

I recently did my trial exams for chemistry paper 3 and found that a lot of the questions ask stuff like:

- state TWO reasons for (...)

- state ONE advantage and one disadvantage of (...)

so I was wondering if you state more reasons than what they ask for, but one of your reasons are wrong, would you still get the full marks?

for eg. if the question was worth 2 marks and I gave 3 reasons, 2 were right and one was wrong, would I still get 2 marks for having 2 correct answers or would I be penalized for having one wrong answer?

If the question asks for x number of reasons, the first x number of reasons you provide will be marked and the rest ignored. Therefore in the situation you described it would depend on whether the two correct reasons came first and second. If one of the correct reasons was given third, the first two would count as your official answer and you would only gain one mark.

on paper 3...you can answer all the options and they will mark all and take the highest mark?

You may complete as many options as you wish. The highest two options will count towards your grade from your paper: e.g. if you did three options, option A: 78%, option B: 49%, option C: 69%; options A and C would make up your final score.