How do I begin my investigation?

Guest Tuvshee Otgonbayar

Guest Tuvshee Otgonbayar

So, we are given 9 tasks and are supposed to do them by answering them in an essay-ish text. In other words, we shouldn't write "Task 1", then copy the task and answer it, then "task 2", but it all should be coherent, flowing and linked to each other. And I'm having problems in the introduction already...I don't really know how to formulate the intro. The first task is this:

The sequence of numbers{a_n} is defined by a_1=1*1!, a_2=2*2!, a_3=3*3!, ...

Find the nth term of the sequence.

My intro looks kind of like "We are given a sequence of numbers {a_n) which is defined by blablabla and as wee can see, the nth tern is a_n=n*n!"

But I am just not satisfied with it, and I have no idea how I'm to write it differently and more coherently. Could you guys help me? Thanks! :)

So, we are given 9 tasks and are supposed to do them by answering them in an essay-ish text. In other words, we shouldn't write "Task 1", then copy the task and answer it, then "task 2", but it all should be coherent, flowing and linked to each other. And I'm having problems in the introduction already...I don't really know how to formulate the intro. The first task is this:

The sequence of numbers{a_n} is defined by a_1=1*1!, a_2=2*2!, a_3=3*3!, ...

Find the nth term of the sequence.

My intro looks kind of like "We are given a sequence of numbers {a_n) which is defined by blablabla and as wee can see, the nth tern is a_n=n*n!"

But I am just not satisfied with it, and I have no idea how I'm to write it differently and more coherently. Could you guys help me? Thanks! :)

Style of presentation varies for person to person and in my opinion your introduction seems very sophisticated and reader friendly. I wouldn't worry too much about introducing the questions; its simply rephrasing the question to a 'We are going to do this now' manner followed up by a 'as you can see...this and this happened' analysis. The question should give you some information either in the form of an equation or some parameters; remember to state these so your report can 'stand on its own'.