Change of school - Effect on Math mark

Mort

heres the deal, I have started IB1 and am taking math HL, unfortunately I have class with the Math SL and the teacher told us that he will teach the core this year and the HL students will be taught the HL cores next year in IB2. Unfortunately for me I'm moving to a different country and different IB school next year and I'm not sure if the teacher there will do the same, meaning I might fall behind on my HL parts of Math. Also my teacher is doing portfolios in second year so am I gonna fall behind on that aswell?

Appreciate any help given,

Mort

Each school differs in how they teach the curriculum (ex. they may teach it in a different order). Every teacher will (or at least they should) cover the whole curriculum by the time exams come around. If you can get in touch with your new school and ask them what they have covered so far, how many IAs they have done, etc. that would help a lot. You could then get a tutor to help you catch up (if needed) or maybe even your teacher will help you.

wow, that is definitely going to cause problems. you'll have to catch up a lot! bear in mind the content of the HL syllabus is about twice the SL syllabus, so you're likely to miss out A LOT. but why worry? there's nothing you can do about it. unless you can move right now? it's going to benefit you. or if you can, get a tutor from now to teach you the HL content. about the IAs, perhaps you can catch up once you get to your new school. it's not a big deal, the IA.