Is murder bad?

CkyBlue

• 6 months later...

Murder must be defined before we can even explore the deeper context behind it. Murder according to thee oxford dictionary is the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another. (Footnote) haha. Anyway back to the point may I highlight "premeditated" that meaning it is when you set out to kill somebody. Situational factors are out the window. You will kill the victim regardless of what happens. However if you kill an individual for self defense reasons, for example he/she tries to kill you, and pushes you to have to shoot him/her, then it is no longer premeditated thus not murder. You did not set out to kill the individual, situational factors pushed you into having to do what you had to do, not dispositonal factors thus it is not murder.. case closed! :) Murder is always bad because it is premeditated, if its not, its not murder!! :D This is the social norms in modern society.

Yes, murder is bad, however, you are just reading from the idiot who dropped the IB program. Murder is not necessary in our society. Murdering an individual for a sexual thrill, entertainment purposes, religion or theft would be wrong due to the fact that it is revoking the life of another individual, however, formally murdering an individual through the "law of the land" would also be wrong due to the fact that it is murdering another individual as revenge. The death certificates in those cases are even labeled as homicides. The only scenario that would come close to being justified would be self-oriented defense, however, we know how many times that has been abused throughout the establishment of the United States. Even in self-oriented defense cases, the situation could have been handled in a different manner in the case that both of the individuals would have cooperated in order to resolve the dispute, however, we have individuals living with us who do not understand the gravity of murder. Those individuals, however, could potentially be geared toward having the violent mentality of an animal, therefore, it is not so established in human-oriented mentality of the typical state. Again, murders are bad in human-oriented mentality of the typical creature.

• 7 years later...
On 9/21/2011 at 8:05 PM, CkyBlue said:

OK, so my TOK teacher seems to think that murder is bad. In any case.

I was a bit confused about her thoughts on her take on murder. Apparently, she thinks "murder is bad" is an eternal justified truth.

There are many justifications for murder, of course. The thing I do not understand is that, if murder is justified, doesn't that make it acceptable, (meaning NOT BAD) and in some cases even good? My TOK teacher thinks it is always bad, even if you justify it. I think otherwise.

We talked about scenarios going from self-defense to varieties of religions. So, is murder always bad? I'd like to hear some opinions! Please and thanks :D

MURDER IS 100% BAD!! I am giving you my advice (hopefully) in an early age so that you NEVER do it! If you murder than your gonna go to the wrong place when you die, but if you follow Jesus; the one who saved you, your heavenly father, you are going to live FOREVER with him in Heaven when you die. Your earthly body will die but you get another one; a heavenly body that gets to live forever in streets of gold. please do never murder! I myself has never done so, I could never put myself to do it, or would I never want to do it because I love God! I love people even if they get on my nerves. I have God in my heart so I am so happy! If you have any questions to ask me, please do so! I would love to share more to you!