What does an "N" mean?

elmar

I received a "N" for my Spanish B SL exam. I know that the IB states it can be due to a variety of reasons, but does anyone who received an "N" have any experience in dealing with this issue? What was commonly the problem for you? I honestly think IB is assuring me of "malpractice," which, too be honest, is totally irrelevant. :blink:

Is it possible that your school forgot to turn in your IA, or that a "paper" was lost during shipping to IB?

Ask your IB coordinator on this one, they should know. :)

Edit: If it's malpractice, you have a right to know what you did wrong (at least I think lol) so ask your school, and try to challenge that "N".

I hope you fare well. :)

Good lucks.

Edited by JoeGuff
  • Like 1

My intention is not to freak you out but quoting the IBO results page:

An “N” grade indicates that no grade will be issued. This can be for a variety of reasons: for example, you may have withdrawn, failed to submit work for assessment or are guilty of malpractice.

A “P” grade indicates that information required to award a grade is incomplete. You should contact your IB coordinator for further information.

Yeah, I imploded when I read it on the website, so rereading it doesn't really have an effect anymore.

My IBC is on vacation of course, so I just have to... wait? :angry:

Yeah, I imploded when I read it on the website, so rereading it doesn't really have an effect anymore.

My IBC is on vacation of course, so I just have to... wait? :angry:

Maybe it's to do with you having 7 subjects? The diploma specifications specifically state that it's 6 subjects, 3 or 4 of which must be at HL, so maybe they'll issue your Spanish grade outside of your diploma as a certificate. Just a thought, though!