What happens if I get a nosebleed during exams?

Bring in a pile of tissues? Then when you feel it starting to run, make sure you're not above the paper!

I used to have nosebleeds like that when I was younger, although kinda at random rather than due to stress. Usually you can feel a suspicious trickling feeling in your nose just before it happens! I used to find that I could pre-empt it by a second or two rather than discovering because blood was dripping out.

If you got blood on the answer booklet, I'm sure your teachers would sort it out for you in the exam. I wouldn't stress out about it, nobody is going to say you've failed because you bled on the paper. It's hardly your fault! Just if you think it's a possibility, be prepared and make sure you've always got some tissues sitting on your desk. Try to avoid it happening but most importantly try to avoid stressing yourself out about it!

• Like 1

Haha, not a strange question, I worry about all sorts of things, getting stuck in traffic and not getting to the exam on time, something going wrong with my GDC (not low batteries, I already have that covered :D), falling ill, high fever.

All of this is highly unlikely but its probably normal to be doing this.

As "Sandwich" said, you can just bring tissues with you and don't worry too much about it!

The thing that I'm very worried from though is getting a migraine in the exam :S

I get terrible terrible migraines and I can literally do nothing when I have one! I usually get one every few months but I have had 2 in the past 3 weeks. If it is stress-correlated, I am doomed!!

We probably should just do our best not to freak out, its not good for us!

Good Luck!

Edited by Summer Glau
no text speak

Oh I thought I was the only one wondering about these things! Last year during my math exam (not IB), I felt really nauseous the whole time and I was shivering.

Apparently eating chocolate/ candy before the exam helps calm you down and make you feel better. And bananas too. :)

Guest Red XII

Oh I thought I was the only one wondering about these things! Last year during my math exam (not IB), I felt really nauseous the whole time and I was shivering.

Apparently eating chocolate/ candy before the exam helps calm you down and make you feel better. And bananas too. :)

If you're going to eat chocolate or candy, you should also eat some real food (i.e. food with proteins and fats), too, as a sugar rush leads to a sugar crash, which is not what you want during the exam. You want a combination of sugar, starch, protein, and fats that will provide both nutrients and a full stomach. You should be hydrated, but not to the point where you'll need to go to the bathroom, because for many exams you'll need all the time you can get.

Anyway...on topic: I'd recommend bringing a box of tissues just in case. I'm sure it wouldn't be the end of the world if it happened, but it's best to take some simple precautions so that you don't have to deal with it.

Uhm. That would be really gross for a mocker to find out about. I would write a straight line (cross out) throughout the entire line that was affected by my blood and rewrite any next thoughts on the blood-free lines, so that the examiner does not have to go near the blood. Bleh.

We got five minutes extra time on math because all our calculators went wrong due to deleting all the memory - I think something something was reset that wasn't supposed to be or something. It took a while to sort out and there was only one spare so they had to re check the calculators, so why wouldn't you get extra time - even if it is like five minutes - for vomiting, nosebleeding in the exam?! There's someone in my class who gets 25% extra time in every exam, it's the country's rule I think not IB, so you should be able to appeal for extra time... I'm not completely sure by the way, so don't take my word on it!!