IB relationships

__inthemaking

Yea, IB relationships are horrible unless you keep them on the downlow. Here, at least, there's way too much drama and too many people talk behind your back.

Haha, it's really tough to keep IB relationships quiet. Especially since everyone has the same classes..everyone in IB knew about my relationship 2 days after we started dating, even though we tried to keep it quiet at first lol. But everyone is really supportive of us and thinks that we have a really sound relationship. People definitely notice if something's wrong though..because they see you all the time, so yeah, I know for the other IB couple (together almost 4 months), they've been kind of shaky recently and everyone has noticed how distant they are and there are breaking up rumours flying everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...
we could get punishment if our teacher know we are not concentrating on study but making boyfriends / girlfrinds.

All the couples in my school should be carefully enough to avoid punishment....

Sorry, that is so communist! I mean, that's totally their private business if they're not concentrating on school work and their problem. Ok, if there were rules about conduct like you can't make out in school or something and they break it then punishment would be just, but punishing someone for having a relationship? Even if it did affect their work, how can you prove it was the relationship that did that? Even if you can do that, as I said it's none of the school's business they're being stupid.

Sorry, that is so communist! I mean, that's totally their private business if they're not concentrating on school work and their problem. Ok, if there were rules about conduct like you can't make out in school or something and they break it then punishment would be just, but punishing someone for having a relationship? Even if it did affect their work, how can you prove it was the relationship that did that? Even if you can do that, as I said it's none of the school's business they're being stupid.

Yeah...what do they do? Force you to break up?

we could get punishment if our teacher know we are not concentrating on study but making boyfriends / girlfrinds.

All the couples in my school should be carefully enough to avoid punishment....

...Wow, that is just ridiculous. How can you tell someone who genuinely likes someone that they can't be with them because of school work? That's a really unfair rule and stereotype that relationships distract you from school. I've been in a relationship since the beginning of IB1 and both me and my boyfriend's marks have not dropped. In fact, they've improved because we motivate each other to work and know when to be serious. He's predicted 39 and I'm predicted 41, and I know it sounds like I'm really bragging here, but I'm just trying to say that just because you're in a relationship doesn't mean you can't maintain your grades. That makes me really angry at the unfairness of it...

inthema®king ;P, I'm in the same boat as you. I've been with my gf since the beginning of IB1 and actually, I find that we're too busy to have any real fights. However, when the fights do surface they are of utmost power, which sucks. But we are both top students in our class (numbers don't matter inthemaking ;P) and we motivate each other a lot, constantly criticizing each other and trying to improve. I know it's kind of sad to have a relationship based on constant academic improvement, but we do our best to make time to enjoy ourselves non-academically too. She even takes an extra subject cause, apparently, American unis like that so I try to help her manage her time to keep up with Physics.

As far as I know nobody else in our class is together, so we're 2 out of 25 in our class. I'll be going to the UK for uni and my current gf will be going to Duke, so we're parting after graduation. Even though it's sad that we couldn't have a relationship beyond IB, it's been great to have her support throughout and I think some sort of social network is generally important if you want to succeed in IB - though it may not apply to the individualistic US :)

I haven't been in a relationship in a while, just because it's so distracting for school work! But, I know of one IB couple in my school who've been together for two years. One's in full IB, and the other is taking certificates (2 of them). They do EVERYTHING together; work together, study together, hang out with their friends together...it's ridiculous! I think the reason they work isn't because they can relate to each other by the amount of work they have, but more because they're a very compatible couple, and they're very understanding of each other.

I think we have three IB couples in my school, one in Pre-IB, one in my class and one in IB2. It seems to be working out really well. IB is such a big part of your life if your in it; they understand each other, and what the other person is going through. The couple in my class.. I find it hard to believe that they will ever break up. They do everthing together, and their relationship seems to improve their grades since they keep pushing and helping each other. So yeah, at least at my school IB relationships = yay! :P

• 13 years later...
15 hours ago, dicsondiana said:

What flirting websites can you advise me? I am very scared because I am lonely and I need to find a relationship. I am very lonely and I often think that I will never be able to meet a man. Do you think this is true? How do you find a serious relationship?

most people on dating apps and sites are just playing around and they aren't safe anyways also not to be all up in your business but you're still so young to be worrying about stuff like that not saying that older women have to care about dating either its just that you still have so much time ahead of you and I'm sure you'll find someone who genuinely loves and cares about you, though I understand that the feeling of loneliness is exhausting + I don't at all think that you'll never find someone to love you btw please don't think that way. most of the time people find relationships at uni or work or sometimes they meet someone through a coincidence you know? so you're time will come soon I'm sure