The Model UN Thread

davshere

We are attempting to start MUN at our school next year. Could you guys recommend how many member we should have?

Are you planning to host one or planning to start a club?

If you guys are planning to host one..a couple hundred would be nice

For a club, you can send 1 person to a MUN or 100. It doesn't matter.  I think a strong club would have around 20~30 members.

Are you planning to host one or planning to start a club?

If you guys are planning to host one..a couple hundred would be nice

For a club, you can send 1 person to a MUN or 100. It doesn't matter.  I think a strong club would have around 20~30 members.

Thanks! It would be our school's first experience with MUN, so it would just be a club for now. Although we do look forward to sending people people to MUN meetings in the future!

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

How big is MUN in other countries? Because I didn't start it till I moved to Malaysia and it's pretty big here. At least 5-7 schools host conferences just within Kuala Lumpur, my school included and I will be co-chairing the APQ committee at my school. I'm really into MUN and love doing it. I've gone to big conferences, but I love being able to goto multiple ones throughout the year. The reason I ask is because I might be moving next year and it's honestly my favourite thing for CAS.

Guest beyondtheimagine
16 hours ago, Alex Smith-napier said:

How big is MUN in other countries? Because I didn't start it till I moved to Malaysia and it's pretty big here. At least 5-7 schools host conferences just within Kuala Lumpur, my school included and I will be co-chairing the APQ committee at my school. I'm really into MUN and love doing it. I've gone to big conferences, but I love being able to goto multiple ones throughout the year. The reason I ask is because I might be moving next year and it's honestly my favourite thing for CAS.

In Canada, MUN is pretty popular.

Well, in the province which I live in, MUN is very popular. So far, after 2 years of participating the numbers of participants are growing quite significantly :) 

58 minutes ago, beyondtheimagine said:

In Canada, MUN is pretty popular.

Well, in the province which I live in, MUN is very popular. So far, after 2 years of participating the numbers of participants are growing quite significantly :) 

Well, I'm Canadian, and I didn't know what it was till I moved here. I know it's big in Uni's everywhere, but like in UK and Thailand (The two places I might move) I'm concerned I'll have to go without it till I go back to Canada for University.

Edited by Alex Smith-napier

Guest beyondtheimagine
24 minutes ago, Alex Smith-napier said:

Well, I'm Canadian, and I didn't know what it was till I moved here. I know it's big in Uni's everywhere, but like in UK and Thailand (The two places I might move) I'm concerned I'll have to go without it till I go back to Canada for University.

Oh really? Maybe try to join a club similar to MUN? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/03/2016 at 2:06 AM, Alex Smith-napier said:

When it comes to high school, it's mostly the private schools that have and organise MUN conferences in the UK - very few public schools does it. Though, it is possible to join university conferences - they tend to be quite lenient in that sense. It certainly helps that the MUN circuit at university level is massive in the UK. I am not so sure about Thailand, though Southeast Asia has some big MUNs as well, as you already know.

In Norway, where I come from, MUN isn't too big at high school level, though there are a few conferences around. The biggest one in Scandinavia for high school students is organised in Norway, but that doesn't necessarily imply much. 

• 6 months later...