Which language are/were you doing IB Diploma Programme in?

dessskris

IBDP Course Language  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Which language are you doing IB Diploma Programme in?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Joshuaib

I'm not an IB student yet, but I will be next year. My school offers SL,HL, and en Abitio Spanish, SL and HL English, and SL French(because no one has taken french before)

my school also doesn't have the proper teachers for some classes so we'll have to take online courses. Anyone have any advice about that, because I've heard that online courses aren't the greatest, especially with turning in tests.

I'm not an IB student yet, but I will be next year. My school offers SL,HL, and en Abitio Spanish, SL and HL English, and SL French(because no one has taken french before)

my school also doesn't have the proper teachers for some classes so we'll have to take online courses. Anyone have any advice about that, because I've heard that online courses aren't the greatest, especially with turning in tests.

I think my online course is my favourite (economics). However, that could just be because I intend to study it at university.

The course is quite interactive and you have many opportunities to interact with the other students through discussions and blogging, and I find my online teacher to be more knowledgeable and helpful than any of the ones at my regular school.

With regard to turning in tests, the only problem I see is that you could potentially cheat and not respect the time limits or the fact it's a closed book test. However, I don't think very many people in my class do this, since we're able to see the test scores of everyone (i.e. it shows how many people got a 4, 5 or 6, it doesn't match a score to a name) and... if people cheated you'd expect a better performance.

Overall I think it's a satisfying and worthwhile experience, especially if you like the subject.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I go to a francophone school, and well, our IB diploma NEEDS to be in French tongue.gif French HL A1 is what I'm doing at the moment. And I didn't really have much choice sad.gif

I go to a francophone school in Canada as well. So all my courses are in french (Asides HL English) I will get a bilingual diploma so thats good :)

Since your in Canada, which school did you go to? :D

Only in English and that's the same all over in Lithuania. Although, most lessons are still taught in Lithuanian, just the material we have to cover, homework we do, test and exams we take are in English.

I don't think there'd any point of making an IB class in Spanish or French. Children of 16-19 that'd want to study in IB and are native Spanish/French speaker are an EXTREMELY small minority, and all of the other children that age speak better English than French/Spanish, since Spanish is not taught at all at school and French is quite a rare choice as a 3rd language (almost never as a 2nd).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...