Which language are/were you doing IB Diploma Programme in?

dessskris

IBDP Course Language  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Which language are you doing IB Diploma Programme in?

As we may have known, the IBDP course is available for examinations in English, French and Spanish. Which language are/were you doing IBDP course in? Is/was your school only offering that language type of course? Any interest in doing the IBDP in another language?

I am doing IBDP in English. I think all IB schools in Indonesia offer their courses in English <3 it would be great if we had it in Bahasa Indonesia but I guess I'll still prefer the English course because it will help me to improve my English and prepare me to study abroad :(

What about you guys?

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

People who study the IB are rare. You'd have a hard time finding one. In France not one school teaches in French it is all in English. So it's pretty much down to Switzerland and Canada and a few places in Africa.

Actually based on the IBO website there are few French speaking IB schools in France, including Paris http://www.ibo.org/school/search/index.cfm?nextStart=1 although majority is still in Canada (only 39 schools around the world). Spanish speaking IB schools seem to be all over south america.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm doing the IBDP in Spanish. Only language our school offers, other schools offer English as the main language. But the majority of schools offer the Diploma in English. I'm practically taking IB Chem and IB Geography in English, all our books/sheets are in that language, so it's amazing practise for English B (Although it's extremely easy.. I wish i could take English A2).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm doing mine in English in Korea, which is very strange because I adapt and speak English more fluently at school, but most Koreans don't know anything in English! But luckily I'm not planning on staying here, so it's not gone to a waste :)

It's pretty fun to see that most people who voted took it in English. Was it originally in English?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been told that all the schools in France teach in English. According to the IBO website in 3 of them it is taught in English and French but I doubt that they teach French in International schools, I really doubt that because they're all private. My point still holds though more than 70 percent of the tiny handful of IB schools in France teach soly in English otherwise officially in french and English but none are solely in French.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well basically in my school it really depends on the subjects you're taking. Some of the subjects are in English and some of them are taken in Spanish, I guess that's the reason why everyone in my school has obtained a bilingual diploma so far. Despite the fact I live in a Spanish Country is common to find schools that use this system. Basically you have two A1s, as it used to be in the past syllabus, and plenty of classes in both languages. For instance, I take in English the following subjects: Physics, History and off course English and in my native language I take Spanish, Philosophy, and Math SL. Its kinda weird seeing all you guys take the diploma basically in just one language.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...