Need help finding a WL topic?

Sandwich

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

Hopefully I suceed to revive this thread, i'm hoping to get some feedback on a topic idea. I would love to look at the role of women in Like Water for Chocolate and The Unbearable Lightness of Being. At this point it's very broad, but some of the conclusions i'd like to lead to are that in both novels women contribute to the development of the protagonist, then I will be comparing how the women do this, and in that sense I will point out similarities and contrasts.

Please send me feedback!!

• 2 months later...

Hi! :) I just need help in focusing my title. Well, for now, we just need to work on a title for our World Lit essay. OH! And we don't call it World Lit here... they say that the IB changed the syllabus again and so we're only doing one work. :)

So... I'm looking at A Doll's House by Henrik Ibsen and I was wondering if I could do this,

The significance of Nora’s transformation to portray the social duties of women as well as the end of male dominance during the 19th century

Or is this too broad? :/ HELP! I need to focus on Nora's transformation. Because that was my prompt for the supervised writing. So yeah. I will also look at characterization, symbolism and diction.

THANKS! :)

• 3 months later...

Hey, im doing my second world lit on A Doll´s house, examining the theme of Respect and Reputation which I think I could find plenty to talk about, can anyone give me any suggestions on what areas I could analyse or any other suggestions? Maybe analyse another aspect of the book.

Also I need to focus my title more... I am not sure what to do...

Regards,

Mack.

Edited by mackenzie94

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey :)

I'm also starting my writing assignment soon and it's about Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy. The topic I'm thinking about involves Levin (a phylosophical thinker and a farmer). My topics are about how Tolstoy uses Levin to convey the themes/motifs of the value and philosophy of farming and the agricultural reforms. I'm a bit confused as to how to word this question so that it could make sense. Any advice?

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...