Psych IA

Guest aamcfarla

Guest aamcfarla

I did my first psych IA write-up and my teacher gave it a failing grade. She's given us an example of a bad IA but I just do not understand what I'm supposed to be doing. I don't feel like I've had adequate guidance in doing this. She gave them back to us last week, but we're on winter break and wont be able to do anything until we get back. The final copy is due 3 days after vacation which is no time at all.

I need help with my introduction ( i got 2/5 marks) and my discussion (2/8 marks)....any suggestions???

• 2 weeks later...
I did my first psych IA write-up and my teacher gave it a failing grade. She's given us an example of a bad IA but I just do not understand what I'm supposed to be doing. I don't feel like I've had adequate guidance in doing this. She gave them back to us last week, but we're on winter break and wont be able to do anything until we get back. The final copy is due 3 days after vacation which is no time at all.

I need help with my introduction ( i got 2/5 marks) and my discussion (2/8 marks)....any suggestions???

in the process of doing mine ..... due in 2 days :| .... i dont think theyre meant to give us much guidance at all anyway ... my teacher just makes vauge general comments regarding everyones essays ....

anyway .... this site should b helpful:

http://www.geocities.com/jatwood1971/Holy_Guideweb.pdf

just go through it and make sure youve done everything theyve said ..... lol the bad IA example was what we were given too ... try not to use that as a guideline

Guest krazymoo

I don't know how much more time you have, but I have to recommend a great resource for helping with the content of all sections (including the introduction and discussion).

While not sold as an IB book, the author is from the realm of IB, well here's the book:

Research Methods and Statistics in Psychology (3rd Ed) by Hugh Coolican.

Good Luck!